Prana Mandala Vinyasa Teacher Immersion
With Shiva Rea
Experience the evolution from the roots as we dive into a transforming, balancing and empowering pre-summer solstice immersion into the power of the mandala pathways with prana vinyasa. Rooted in Tantra, Ayurveda and evolving over 15 years of mandala sequences, you will receive an introduction to teach in circular namaskars, fluidity, creative pathways and joy of strength and flow from a big picture perspective.
Through this practical and inspirational exploration of the elements within the yogic body, we will develop a transformative approach to the body mandala and learn to assess our imbalances and translate this into practical vinyasa yoga sequences for our self, private students, group classes and living the flow of yoga.
In a world where we can see the disconnecting effects of a “dim fire” or the burn out of the “excessive fire”, inner firekeeping is an all-encompassing metaphor for the yoga of householder life. The chakra and elemental system brings together the alchemy for tending the fire of the many dimensions of ourselves – root to heart to crown, inner and outer. Our mission is to emerge nourished and inspired with tools to deepen your practice, teaching living yoga.
These Prana Mandala Vinyasas can be distilled into shorter practices for all-levels in a flexible, elemental-based system. You will leave inspired and balanced with tools for further study and rejuvenation in the mandala of your daily life, including workbook, online practice support and resources for further practice.
* Explore a Solar Prana Mandala class that integrates the elemental namaskars into one practice made accessible to all-levels.
* Embody and Teach Elemental Namaskars in a Mandala as one practice – Bhumi (earth) Namaskar, Jala (water) Namaskar, Agni (fire) Namaskar, Hridaya (air) Namaskar, Akash (space) Namaskar - with all-level peak asana.
* Explore a Lunar Prana Mandala that integrates Chandra namaskar and lunar pranams or prostration as a flowing tantric yin practice leading to seated meditation, pranayama, mudra and mantra.
* Experience the Solar Mandala with a Prana Danda for alignment, inner power and presence.
* Mandalas and stone circles within yoga, celtic ways and cross-cultural connections
* Experience traditional prostrations of the early tantras and the evolution of Prana Mandala Namaskars as movement meditation
* Integration of tantric-based mandala meditation to encompass the five elements and directions.
* Integrate the principles of the guiding movement meditation sequences
* Yoga Alchemy Online for further practice/Workbook Exclusive to Training
* Completion of the teacher training modules on this retreat counts as 30-hrs towards Prana Flow Teacher Training certification.
Required Online Courses:
Yoga Spandakarika translated by Daniel Odier
Tending the Heart Fire by Shiva Rea
Awakening Inner Alignment – Prana Danda Dharma & Prana Danda Vinyasa Practice/Teacher Immersion
With Demetri Velisarius and Shiva Rea (co-founders)
Demetri Velisarius, BSW, RYT 200, is the creator of Prana Danda Yoga. A former social worker, bicycle racer, and owner of a boxing gym, he now devotes his life to teaching yoga and meditation. Demetri has traveled on numerous pilgrimages and retreats to India, South America, and Europe, including a 100-day silent Tibetan yoga and meditation retreat with Lama Willa Baker. He continues to practice with masters of yoga, tantra, and Tibetan Dzogchen meditation, and with guidance from his partner, Shiva Rea, and her Prana Flow Vinyasa Yoga system.
Prana Danda Yoga is an empowering and fluid way to center the mind and awaken the energetic spine (inner danda) by engaging with a specially designed 5 foot staff (outer danda). In yogic tradition the danda is perceived as a reflection of the central energy channel, a symbol of present-moment rootedness and serves as the pivotal axis which grounds one’s practice in guardianship; the penetrating quality of alertness that neutralizes all distraction.
As a moving meditation, we will awaken the the “inner danda staff” through a dynamic and creatice sequence with the outer staff in a grounded fluid method that includes whole body warm-ups, standing prana vinyasa, twists, hip openers, backbends and rhythmic movement meditation to awaken the inner spirit of the danda. You will experience an awakened understanding of your centre – both structural and energetic to be applied to the flow of yoga and life.
You will learn three pathways:
* Prana Danda Vinyasa – Integration of the danda’s four elemental prana vinyasa flows
* Prana Danda Flow – Spinning arts
* Prana Danda Meditation – Seated Meditation with Mudra and Mantra.
You will receive:
* Manual for Prana Danda Vinyasa/Prana Danda Yoga (Level One)
* Learn new tools for teaching alignment in the flow and movement meditation.
* Learn hands-on application of Prana Danda to assist deeper embodiment in standing asanas, backbends and twists.
Required Online Courses: