Art of Namaskar - Practices & Teacher Immersion
With Shiva Rea
Based upon the teachings of Krishnamacharya’s lineage, Tantra, Sacred Arts, Ayurveda, Bhakti and Somatics, 200-500 Evolutionary Vinyasa Teacher Training models the synthesis approach to integrating the roots and evolution of living yoga that Shiva has been pioneering for over 25 years of teaching in the fertile soil of LA’s yoga community, annual retreats to India and pilgrimages all over the world.
As the foundation module for “40 Namaskar-64 Sequence” movement alchemy system, you will learn “10 Namaskar - Five Solar/Lunar Sequences” as the starting point for teaching vinyasa in a full-energetic spectrum. This module includes:
* Explore the philosophical roots of Vinyasa Yoga and the embodiment of tantric hatha yoga
* Learn Krishnamacharya’s principles of Vinyasa Krama
* The Origins of Sun Salutations and Evolution of Prana Flow Namaskars
* Embodying the Sun-Moon for balancing active-meditative states within yoga and life
* Living Vinyasa – the micro-macro cycles that guide living flow and the wave of a class
* Develop energetic observation – explore the ability to assess imbalances, blockages and leaks of energy to a person’s body, mind, and heart- fire
* Embody Prana – understand five movements of Prana from the Vedas, Upanisahds, Tantras, and Prana Vinyasa Mudra Vinyasas
* Explore Solar and Lunar namaskars in a Mandala that integrate Surya and Chandra namaskar and lunar pranams or prostration as a flowing tantric yin practice leading to seated meditation, pranayama, mudra and mantra.
* Experience the Solar Mandala with a Prana Danda for alignment, inner power and presence.
* Explore Mandalas and stone circles within yoga, celtic ways and cross-cultural connections
* Experience traditional prostrations of the early tantras and the evolution of Prana Mandala Namaskars as movement meditation
* Learn Prana Vinyasa Energetic Alignment Method to embody Prana and teach these movements as keys to alignment and flow
* Alignment in the flow, and for creative and effective Wave Sequences from a solar/lunar perspective – a uniquely Prana Vinyasa methodology.
* Helping you find your voice and teaching personality through the foundational pathways of Prana Vinyasa® and enjoy the Living Flow Ashram: a community-based, dynamic, creative, and nourishing approach to yoga teacher training.
* Receive support from a vibrant teacher-studies community and online school.
* You will begin teaching the first day and leave empowered to begin practice teaching or elevate your current teaching. You will also experience uniquely Prana VinyasaTM methodologies of: Energetic AlignmentTM, Hands-on Assists, Vinyasa Krama, Prana Vinyasa Three-Part VinyasaTM, and Wave-SequencingTM for the Mandala of 108 AsanasTM.
* Yoga Alchemy Online for further practice/Workbook Exclusive to Training
* Completion of the teacher training modules on this retreat counts as 30-hrs towards Prana Flow Teacher Training certification.
Required Online Courses:
Tending the Heart Fire by Shiva Rea
Awakening Inner Alignment – Prana Danda Dharma & Prana Danda Vinyasa Practice/Teacher Immersion
With Demetri Velisarius and Shiva Rea (co-founders)
Demetri Velisarius, BSW, RYT 200, is the creator of Prana Danda Yoga. A former social worker, bicycle racer, and owner of a boxing gym, he now devotes his life to teaching yoga and meditation. Demetri has traveled on numerous pilgrimages and retreats to India, South America, and Europe, including a 100-day silent Tibetan yoga and meditation retreat with Lama Willa Baker. He continues to practice with masters of yoga, tantra, and Tibetan Dzogchen meditation, and with guidance from his partner, Shiva Rea, and her Prana Flow Vinyasa Yoga system.
Prana Danda Yoga is an empowering and fluid way to center the mind and awaken the energetic spine (inner danda) by engaging with a specially designed 5 foot staff (outer danda). In yogic tradition the danda is perceived as a reflection of the central energy channel, a symbol of present-moment rootedness and serves as the pivotal axis which grounds one’s practice in guardianship; the penetrating quality of alertness that neutralizes all distraction.
As a moving meditation, we will awaken the the “inner danda staff” through a dynamic and creatice sequence with the outer staff in a grounded fluid method that includes whole body warm-ups, standing prana vinyasa, twists, hip openers, backbends and rhythmic movement meditation to awaken the inner spirit of the danda. You will experience an awakened understanding of your centre – both structural and energetic to be applied to the flow of yoga and life.
You will learn three pathways:
* Prana Danda Vinyasa – Integration of the danda’s four elemental prana vinyasa flows
* Prana Danda Flow – Spinning arts
* Prana Danda Meditation – Seated Meditation with Mudra and Mantra.
You will receive:
* Manual for Prana Danda Vinyasa/Prana Danda Yoga (Level One)
* Learn new tools for teaching alignment in the flow and movement meditation.
* Learn hands-on application of Prana Danda to assist deeper embodiment in standing asanas, backbends and twists.
Required Online Courses: